Summer is finally on the horizon; and for many of us the idea of beaches, beer gardens, and barbecues are almost too exciting to bear.
Today we want to talk about one aspect of the summer season that will be great for those trying to stay healthy as well as refreshed; vegan drinks.
Summer is a time where many of us are making fun milkshakes and cocktails and enjoying iced coffee like there’s no tomorrow – and these vegan drinks will allow you to feel refreshed without any of the animal products. Here are some fun drinks to make during the warmer months that are totally vegan and yummy!
One of the biggest tik tok trends of 2020 was a coffee drink involving milk, whipped coffee, and ice. If you want to make this amazing drink without the dairy this summer; this is a simple substitution that will be amazing with a coffee such as Two Chimps Coffee.
- 300ml vegan milk (oat, almond, hazelnut etc)
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- Start off by adding your coffee and sugar to a bowl. Add boiling water and allow everything to dissolve.
- Whisk this together for a few minutes until light and fluffy and stiff.
- In a glass, add some ice followed by your vegan milk. Spoon the whipped coffee mixture on top, and stir slightly.
What’s better than a cocktail when you want to be healthy? A mocktail! If you are trying to stave off the alcohol a little bit this year and are looking for a refreshing summer cocktail to enjoy – this is the ideal choice. Fresh, fruity, and cool – this is the perfect accompaniment to a summer party in the garden.
- 200ml lemonade
- 100ml pomegranate juice
- Half a lime, cut into quarters
- 5 mint leaves
- In the bottom of a glass, place your mint and lime wedges. Use a spoon or a straw to start mashing the juice out of the lime and to split the mint leaves releasing the oils.
- Add ice to your glass. Mix slightly.
- Add your pomegranate juice and then lemonade and stir. Enjoy!
If you aren’t off the alcohol and want something fancy, how about a bottle of personalised Champagne? There are vegan champagnes available too!
Mango and lime daiquiri
Sometimes there is nothing that quite hits the spot like a cocktail – and this cocktail slush is the ideal choice for your next summer outing or even simply on a hot day at home.
- 200g frozen mango
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 shot white rum
- In a blender, add your frozen mango pieces as well as the rum and lime juice and blend. Top with some lime zest if you desire and enjoy!
Refreshing and aesthetically pleasing – this recipe is one that is ideal not only for you but for your kids. A fun and simple recipe, this will be a winner with everyone in the family!
- 10 large lemons, juiced
- 100ml water
- 100g sugar
- 1 litre soda water
- 100g raspberries
- In a pan, heat up your sugar, water, and raspberries. Boil for 10-15 minutes. Strain to get rid of any seeds and allow to cool.
- In a large jug – add your lemon juice as well as ice. Add sodas water and mix. Taste the mixture and make sure it is lemony enough.
- In small quantities, add your raspberry syrup and keep tasting until it is perfect for you. You can use this syrup for up to a month if stored in an airtight container.
This blueberry, spinach and honey smoothie can easily be veganised!